FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who may shoot?
US citizens, foreign residents, foreign students and foreign tourists of a certain age (please see below)
2. Is a gun license necassary to shoot?
NO. The State of New Jersey does not require a Gun License, or ownership of a gun to shoot at a gun range.
3. What type of photo ID must I show to use the range?
In order to use our facility you must provide photo ID in the form of a valid Driver's License or Non-Driver ID card issued by anyone of the 50 States in the Union, or any Valid Passport.
4. I am from a different country. May I still shoot at your range?
Yes, Long Shot welcomes visitors from all over the world, as long as you meet the identification requirements above.
5. Am I able to shoot or take a course if I have a phyiscal limitation or disability?
Long Shot is in full compliance with American with Disabilities Act. Our building is designed to provide compliant access throughout. However, Long Shot has the right and responsibility to make an assessment and decision, on a case by case basis, to preserve the safety and security of our guests and staff.
6. What is the minimum age requirement for a shooter to use the range?
The shooter must be at least 10 years of age and be accompanied by a parent. The parent must be able to prove parentage to the satisfaction of Long Shot staff.
7. What is the minimum age requirement to rent a gun?
18 years old to rent any gun.
8. I am a total beginner. What must I do to be able to shoot?
All first-time shooters must fill out a 4-page registration form and waiver. Then they must attend a mandatory safety class led by a member of our RSO staff, where they will learn the basics of safe gun handling and operation.
9. May I shoot my own firearm?
If you have a NJ firearms ID card or NY purchaser permit, can provide proof of ownership for a NJ legal firearm that conforms to our ammunition caliber rules (please, see below), are willing to submit your firearm to physical inspection, and are either an annual B.Y.O.G. Member or 4-Pack Pass Holder then yes, Long Shot may allow you to shoot your own firearm.
10. May I shoot alone?
Only Active Law Enforcement or Retired Law Enforcement certified under HR-218 or if you have an FID card, may you shoot alone. In which case you may bring your own NJ legal gun.
11. What is the maximum number of people that may shoot per port?
If you are renting, you must have two people in your port. If you are a gun owner with NJ FID card, you may have shoot alone or with one shooting partner.
12. Who may draw from a holster?
Only Active Law Enforcement or Retired Law Enforcement certified under HR-218, Active Military and civilians passing a Long Shot course and proficiency test may draw from a holster and shoot at Long Shot.
13. What kind of ammunition is allowed?
Our backstops are rated by Muzzle Velocity and bullet composition.
14. If I am shooting in a port and need ammo what do I do?
You may make the decision to purchase more ammo. However, make your decision carefully. Buying more ammo will not extend your shooting session time. Any unused ammo, will be forfeit if you do not possess an FID card. Even with an FID card, you must register the ammo at the front desk in order to leave the facilities. This is the law.
15. Do you offer private lessons?
Yes. By appointment only. Please return to our home page and fill out the Customer Service form to inquire, a member of our staff will reach out to you shortly thereafter with options.
16. Do you have a dress code?
Dress to protect your skin from Brass Casings which are very hot. Comfortable pants (jeans, khakis) and long sleeve shirts (T-Shirts, Under Armor) are recommended. No open toed shoes/sandals. No low-cut shirts, tank tops, for men or women. It is required to wear a face covering to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. You may remove your face covering ONLY when in a port and shooting. If you leave your port you must put your face covering on.
17. Do you offer discounts to Military, Law Enforcement, and EMS?
18. May I take photos or videos while I'm shooting in the range?
19. Do you sell firearms at Long Shot?
Yes, we sell firearms at the gun store at the front of our facilities. We are a Federal and State licensed firearms retailer.
20. Do you sell guns and ammo online or on your website?
No, Long Shot only sells guns and ammo in person at our gun shop.
21. Must I be a member to use your FFL transfer services?
No, Long Shot offers FFL transfer services to anyone who would like to use us as their destination. However, Long Shot members do get FFL transfer discounts
22. Do you transfer firearms to other dealers?
Yes we will receive from and ship to other Federal Firearms Licensed dealers.
23. Do you offer gun smith services?
Yes. Please call for more info.
24. Do you offer gun cleaning services?
25. Does Long Shot offer memberships?
Yes, We have an annual membership for gun owners, as well as a short term 4-pack pass option. Find more details on our Range Packages page.
26. May I transfer my membership to someone else?
No. However, your wife or domestic partner may use your membership. They must be registered as such at the time of purchase of your membership.
27. Can one of my guests use the range if I am not present?
No. You must be present with your guest.